To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest. -Unknown

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Put a KORKER in it!

Put a KORKER in it!
Who knew you could bake ribbon? Korker bows are taken through a heating (oven) process. Although I could not find a definative answer as to why it is called a Korker Bow... Here is my first Korker.

It's cute and curly and very girlie!!!









I used 3/8" grosgrain, in various shades of Pink. The Korker is attached to a pre-lined pink alligator clip. Korkers seem to look best in pairs. I've read that it's the bow of choice for Cheerleaders. You'll see some more Korkers. The size of the curl varies according to the size of the dowel used to make them. So I will try making using different sized dowels. I am off to bed... 
Bow-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment