To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest. -Unknown

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Madame Butterfly?

I LOVE MAKING BOWS!!!

This s truly an art form for the non-artist. Madame Butterfly is my first attempt at making sculpture bug bows. Of course I see lots of room for improvement but i am quite pleased with my first attempt. I used 3/8" grosgrain purple ribbon with polka dots. I also lined my first two prong alligator clip for the bug bow. What a cute name... BUG BOW. Over the next few days I am experimenting with smaller bows... so perhaps the munchkin can start to be my live model. But right now the bows I made over the past few days have been too big for her short hair. I must give credit to The Ribbon Retreat for the inspiration and most importantly the instructions to create my Madame Butterfly.





No comments:

Post a Comment