To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest. -Unknown

Friday, January 13, 2012

Surround a bow?

In my quest to make the perfect bow. I am attempting to master the twisted boutique bow and the ultimate over the top bow. A lot of the over the top bows, incorporate the surround a bow. I am working on a Valentine stacked bow for the munchkin. Here is part one. Pardon the little clippie. I needed something to display it.

Here is an example- of the damask ribbon I am working on using as the center of the bow. The middle bow needs to be a lot larger to fill the surround portion.

Ordering another gator bit. I find that hand creasing bows doesn't work for me...hence the thread peeking through underneath the applique! 
I used 3/8" red with white hearts ribbon for the surround a bow. Great tutorial on MommyCraftsAlot.

No comments:

Post a Comment